To many people, a great smile is a hallmark of health, happiness, attractiveness
What is composite bonding?
Composite bonding is the name given to a cosmetic dentistry procedure that repairs cracks, chips and other superficial damage to the teeth. It also enables the color, shape
During the composite bonding procedure, our experienced cosmetic dentist, Dr. Thomas Young, will apply a bonding agent to the affected teeth. Then tooth-colored resin is applied over the top and is molded and shaped so that any imperfections are covered. It can also be used to build the width and height of any teeth that are out of proportion with the rest of your smile. The resin is then cured using a special light, which hardens it, setting it permanently to your teeth. A quick polish will help finish the procedure, leaving you with teeth that look shiny and natural and feel fantastic.
In some instances, it may be necessary to remove a little of the natural tooth so that you achieve the best possible result from your composite bonding treatment. If this is the case for your treatment, you may be able to have some anesthesia, or if you are particularly nervous, light sedation. Dr. Young will be happy to discuss this with you at your consultation.
Why choose composite bonding?
With so many different cosmetic dental treatments available, including porcelain veneers which address similar smile issues, what is it about composite bonding that makes it the right solution for the transformation of your teeth? There are various benefits to choosing this solution including:
- Composite bonding can usually be completed in just one visit to your dentist. Porcelain veneers usually necessitate at least two.
- Very little natural tooth reduction is required compared to the amount which must be removed to fit porcelain veneers.
- Composite resin is tough and strong, meaning that it should last you a long time.
- Should the bonding become damaged over time and need repair,
- Patients who opt for composite bonding say that their new smile looks subtly enhanced and beautifully natural.
Am I a good candidate for composite bonding?
Since it is minimally-invasive, composite bonding is a procedure that can usually be performed on the vast majority of patients. However, it may not necessarily be the right solution for your smile improvement. To ascertain this, you will need to attend a consultation with Dr. Young who will perform an assessment of your teeth and discuss your goals for the procedure with you. Only then will a recommendation be made as to the best cosmetic dentistry solution for your smile.
Typically, patients who are considered to be a good candidate for composite bonding have dental issues including:
- Broken, chipped or cracked teeth
- Teeth that are stained or discolored
- Gaps between teeth
- Teeth that are uneven in size
- Teeth that are twisted, crooked or otherwise misaligned
If you are unhappy with the appearance of your teeth and you feel that composite bonding may be able to help, we would be delighted to assist you. Dr. Young has been delivering high quality cosmetic dentistry services in Fort Worth, TX for many years and can help you achieve the smile that you have always dreamed of. To schedule your consultation, please contact our office in Fort Worth, TX.