Enhance Your Smile with Dr. Young
Your smile is one of the first things people notice about you. An attractive smile can help you appear happy, friendly, confident and successful. If you have cosmetic issues with your teeth, this can make you feel embarrassed to smile around others and hurt your social life.
Thankfully, Dr. Young offers a solution to this issue with porcelain veneers and Lumineers. Explore our guide to learn more about these treatments and how you can benefit from them.
What Are Porcelain Veneers?
Veneers are thin shells that we place over the surface of your teeth to hide cosmetic flaws. They’re made from durable, tooth-colored porcelain to ensure a natural appearance and long-lasting results.
Dr. Young will customize your veneers so they blend in seamlessly with your smile. It’s also a non-surgical treatment, so you won’t have to worry about a painful procedure or lengthy recovery. We recommend veneers for treating the following issues:
- Chipped and cracked teeth
- Stained and discolored teeth
- Crooked or misshapen teeth
- Gaps between teeth
The Veneers Process
Getting veneers is a fast and easy treatment that’s typically completed in just two appointments. During your first visit, Dr. Young will take a detailed impression of your smile and send it to a laboratory, where your veneers will be customized to your unique appearance. In about two weeks, they’ll be ready and you can return to our practice.
To apply your veneers, Dr. Young will first need to file down some of the existing enamel on the outside of your teeth. Don’t worry –- this is done under local anesthetic so you won’t feel any pain. He’ll also check the veneers against your natural teeth to ensure the fit and color are perfect.
Once this is finished, Dr. Young will bond the veneers to your teeth using a special dental adhesive and polish them to a beautiful shine. At this point, all that’s left to do is show off your stunning new smile.
What Are Lumineers?
Lumineers are the number one patient-requested veneer in the world. Unlike traditional veneers, Lumineer procedures can only be performed by a certified Lumineers dentist. To help decide if they’re the right choice for you, it’s a good idea to weigh the benefits of Lumineers versus those of traditional porcelain veneers.
Traditional veneers are an irreversible treatment, due to the fact that a portion of your enamel is removed. You’ll also need to wear a temporary acrylic veneer to ensure the final fit is perfect.
Lumineers are digitally designed, creating an exceptionally thin veneer that’s about as thin as a contact lens. This allows us to place it over your tooth and create a more natural-looking smile without removing any enamel. Lumineers also don’t require temporaries, so you can immediately enjoy the benefits of your brand new smile.
Benefits of Lumineers
Lumineers offer several unique benefits, some of which include:
- Natural appearance — Highly translucent and extremely thin, Lumineers are aesthetically closer to natural teeth than traditional veneers.
- Simpler fitting — The thinness of Lumineers also means there’s no need to reduce the natural enamel of your teeth. Instead, they can be applied directly to the surface, reducing your overall treatment time and eliminating the need for any anesthetic.
- Reversible –- Since there’s no need to file down your tooth enamel, Lumineers can be removed and your natural teeth underneath will still be fully intact.
- Durable — Lumineers have been shown to be considerably more durable than conventional veneers and can last for more than 20 years with proper care, making them a great long-term investment in your smile.
Visit EQ Dental for Porcelain Veneers & Lumineers
Dr. Thomas Young and our team at EQ Dental are highly experienced in placing porcelain veneers, including Lumineers, for patients in and around Hewitt, TX. If you’d like to discuss your candidacy for the procedure, call us at (817) 741-4567 and schedule a consultation with Dr. Young. Before you know it, you can enjoy all the benefits of a beautiful smile.