Fill the Gap in Your Smile with Dr. Young
If you have a missing tooth, Dr. Young can restore health and beauty to your smile with a dental implant. Thanks to their unique structure, implants are the only permanent, natural-looking solution for missing teeth.
What is a Dental Implant?
A dental implant is comprised of three parts:
- Implant Fixture — The base of the implant is a titanium post that we place directly in your jaw. It replaces your natural tooth root to provide strong support for your restoration.
- Abutment — This is a small piece that connects your implant fixture to your prosthetic tooth, creating a seamless appearance.
- Crown — For single tooth replacements, we’ll complete your implant solution with a stunning porcelain crown. All of our crowns are customized to blend in beautifully with your smile, and they’re highly durable for long-lasting results
Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants offer a range of benefits that other restorations can’t match, including:
- Natural appearance
- Restores full chewing strength
- Highly durable
- Easy to clean
- Never removed
- Stimulates jawbone growth
- Protects you from gum disease
- Increased self-confidence
- Can last a lifetime with proper care
Why Replace a Single Tooth?
Some patients may not feel self-conscious about their appearance, and view losing a tooth as no big deal. However, tooth loss is far more than just a cosmetic issue. In fact, tooth loss can lead to a variety of long-term consequences for your overall health.
For example, the empty socket that your missing tooth used to occupy creates a breeding ground for harmful bacteria, increasing your risk of gum disease. These bacterium can also travel through your bloodstream and lodge in your arteries, resulting in heart attacks, strokes, and other cardiovascular issues.
In addition, when you lose a tooth, that area of your jawbone loses stimulation. Over time, this causes your jawbone to deteriorate and your surrounding teeth to shift. This will eventually change the alignment of your bite, while also forming premature wrinkles on your face.
Dental implants are the only tooth replacement that fuse permanently with your jawbone in a process called osseointegration. This stimulates healthy jawbone growth and allows your implant to function like a natural tooth.
By replacing your missing tooth with a dental implant, you can enjoy a healthy and attractive smile for many years to come.
Visit EQ Dental for Single Tooth Replacement
For patients missing a single tooth, there’s no better treatment option than a dental implant. Providing an unmatched combination of convenience and durability, implants are the gold standard for single tooth replacement.
Contact our practice in Fort Worth today and schedule your consultation with Dr. Young. It’s the first step to your new smile.